Volunteer Opportunities in Tanzania
Tanzania is a prime example of what most people expect of Africa. The endless wilderness of the national parks with wild animals roaming their natural surroundings, the colorful Maasai people, and mountaintops from where you can spot the end of the world.
Although these endless landscapes and wild animals are a reality, there is so much more to experience and discover when you volunteer in Tanzania. Another reality is that local communities need your support. Volunteer for education, women empowerment, or healthcare and make a meaningful difference while you volunteer and travel.
Besides being the safari destination, home to the Mount Kilimanjaro, and idyllic beaches, Tanzania also offers plenty of volunteer opportunities. Here a few interesting facts about Tanzania that may inspire you to pack your bags and volunteer abroad in Tanzania:
- Mount Kilimanjaro has almost every type of ecosystem: This includes cultivated land, rain forest, heath, moorland, alpine desert, and an arctic summit.
- The Serengeti National Park in Tanzania is one of the oldest ecosystems on the planet and has barely changed in 1 million years.
- Zanzibar has its own leopard population, the Zanzibar Leopard, and is endemic to the island. It’s assumed to be extinct or very nearly so.
- Tanzania plays a vital role in helping us understand our own evolution. The earliest human skull in the world, dating back 2 million years, was discovered in Olduvai Gorge in Tanzania by the famous archaeologist, Dr. Leakey.
WHAT ARE THE BEST MONTHS TO DO A VOLUNTEERING IN TANZANIA?
The best months to travel to Tanzania are between June and October.
- You can see the animals around the wells and rivers more easily.
- Nearly no rain to enjoy Tanzania’s fantastic beaches.
- Sunny days.
- Good months to see the great migration.
You can also travel between November and May, you will find:
1. You can see certain newborn animals.
2. A lot of animals on safari
3. More rain, but they do not prevent you from doing the safaris.
DO I NEED A PASSPORT AND VISA TO DO A VOLUNTEERING IN TANZANIA?
If you need a passport valid for 6 months and a visa to enter Tanzania. You can consult the following link with the steps to apply for the visa.
HOW TO MOVE INTO THE VOLUNTEERING PROGRAMS IN TANZANIA?
You can go from one place to another by different means of transport, the safest and the most recommended is the internal plane of the country, it is economical and safe. Also if you are with a local person you can use local transport (buses) but it is not recommended alone.
If you want to go from Tanzania to the mainland, the plane option is very good and cheap.
HOW TO ORGANIZE A SAFARI WHILE YOU ARE A VOLUNTEER IN TANZANIA?
We know that before traveling to Tanzania and doing a safari you have many doubts, we understand, that is why we recommend you do a safari by asking the local coordinators once you are there, you will also meet other volunteers and you can join the dates that They
go. There are always spaces.